Thursday, March 15, 2007

Our Anniversary


Actually, this is one day AFTER our year anniversary of hiking north from Springer Mtn Georgia. Tonight, we presented our finished AT slideshow to a wonderful group of around 30 people. I was so pleased that this many folks turned out to hear about our adventure.

I spent hours trying to get just the right music and timing on my slides. Yesterday, I spent 4 or 5 hours going through my journal to come up with some good quote to use during the show. These journal quotes were intended to give people an inside feel for our state of mind and our emotions at different points in the trail. I was a little embarresed when I started getting choked up reading some of these journal entries. Luckily I pulled it together and I don't think that many people noticed.

Well - I think that the turnout for this event shows that there's potential for what we want to do with Pack & Paddle and the new room once EPuck moves out in May.

No comments: